[MERGE] Fix bug 146715: bzr+ssh:// and sftp:// transports should not assume port-not-specified means port 22

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Oct 9 08:48:02 BST 2007

>>>>> "martin" == Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> writes:

    martin> Please go ahead and merge it, but file a bug complaining about the
    martin> inconsistency.

Yup. I agree with what has been done so far by Andrew even if I
still think a better approach is to make the default port a
transport class attribute.

But 'a default port as a class attribute' has ramifications far
deeper than what Andrew has done so far. So his fix seems like
the right, pragmatic, approach so far (we don't know of other
related bugs do we ?).

Ramifications includes:

- separate http from https implementations (to be able to have
  *one* default port :),

- rework split_url, unsplit_url (which rely on python urlparse,
  itself buggy when we mix decorators and authentication in the
  same url), a bit of tension there as wether they should stay in
  the Transport class or not,

- some others I may forget.

So, file a new bug, there are good chances that I will assign it
to me ;)

  Vincent