Announcing Cart

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:02:44 BST 2007

Also spracht Aaron Bentley (Wed, 03 Oct 2007 00:28:53 -0400):
> - - no wiki functionality (unless someone can explain why it
> belongs there)

Trac is far from being the best bug/issue/request tracker, the best VC
viewing tool, or the best documentation wiki.  The reason it's used so
much is that it does all three things, well-integrated with each other.
Granted, the advantages of the wiki over a stand-alone wiki side by side
with the rest are marginal; but things like easily linking to specific
revisions of a file, or "pickled" bug queries (what Trac calls "reports",
really bad choice of name), etc etc make it sufficiently compelling.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
personal:                    http://lalo.hystericalraisins.net/