QBzr: thanks and wishlist

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:42:01 BST 2007

On 10/1/07, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
> I want to say: you did incredible job with QBzr,
> thank you for seamless integration with bzr.exe.
>
> I would recommend your plugin for all windows users.
> Especially your side-by-side qdiff is very nice.

Thanks!

> After a couple of hours working with QBzr I'd like to ask
> about some items (aka wishlist):

Could you please file all these as bugs to Launchpad? Otherwise it's
very likely I'll forget about them. :(

> * optionally close windows by Esc?
> * can qdiff open window in maximized mode (i.e. on full screen area?)

Currently there is a way to set the default window size in the
configuration. Adding an option  to use maximized mode should be easy.

> * can you show line numbers for qdiff and qannotate?
> * is it possible to show dotted revno for qannotate?
> * optional diff in qcommit window?

This is possible by double-clicking on a file. Or do you mean
something different?

> * qdiff treats file contents as utf-8 encoded. Unfortunately, I use
>   cp1251 for my russian texts. Is it possible a least select or specify
>   desired encoding? For bzr-gtk in the past I realized simple auto-detecting
>   of encoding. Is it possible to port that code to qdiff?

Hm, I wonder what would be the best way to handle this. Obviously a
global config won't work for this. Maybe quickly hacked version of the
idea about file properties, e.g. versioned .bzrprops file with
configuration about encoding of files.

Lukas