[MERGE] Revised mini-tutorial

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Sat Sep 29 11:27:24 BST 2007

On (28/09/07 17:17), Matthew Revell wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Matthew,

> I've fleshed out the mini-tutorial somewhat and, perhaps, pitched it
> at a slightly less experienced reader. I've also moved the "creating a
> personal branch" sections to the end.

Thanks, looks good to me in general.

> +Over the next five minutes, you'll learn how to XXX, XXX and XXX.

Oooh, I've always wanted to learn how to XXX.

> -Putting Existing Files Under Version Control
> +Putting existing files under version control

I'm unsure about the case change.

It's inconsistent with the other docs in the source, and indeed this
file. There could be mass change if it was preferred.

> +Switch to a directory where you've already got some files, then type::
> +
>    $ bzr init .

The dot is redundant here. No harm in having it though.

> +
> +If it looks like nothing happened, don't worry. You now have an empty
> +Bazaar branch. Let's tell Bazaar which files your want to work with.
> +
>    $ bzr add

Should any ignores be set up first?

> +Creating your own branch Personal Branch
> +========================================

Capitilisation again, and the title doesn't make much sense.

> +
> +Of course, you can also make your own branch of someone else's work. Let's
> +say you're interested interested in the Foo project::
> +
> +  $ bzr branch http://example.com/code/foobar.dev foobar.joe
> +  Branched 1 revision(s).

Perhaps a different name than foobar should be used here. It's probably
not that important, but it is the same name as the previous project.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256