[RFC] 3 hour training course on Bazaar

Goffredo Baroncelli kreijack at tiscalinet.it
Fri Sep 28 19:42:43 BST 2007

On Friday 28 September 2007, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Later this year, I'm giving a 3 hour tutorial on Bazaar at OSDC 2007.
> I've put together a draft of the slides here:
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~ianc/talks/. I'd appreciate feedback,
> particularly in the next 36 hours.

Great work !!!!

Slide 10:
You stated "Revision...Includes metadata...ancestory of each file". Even tough
it is not false, I think that it is better to say "parents of the revision"

Slide 19:

In the '-r' option description you stated:
"[...] range x..y [...] - excludes y [...]"

To me it seems wrong: if I do 'bzr log -r 2838..2839' I get the log of both
the revisions 2838 and 2839.

	$ bzr log -r 2838..2839
	revno: 2839
	committer: Canonical.com Patch Queue Manager <pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com>
	branch nick: +trunk
	timestamp: Thu 2007-09-20 13:50:23 +0100
	[...]

Slide 20:
You should specify which file you are editing (.bzr/bazaar.conf)

Slide 24:
You should show the option '--long' ( bzr help --long -> show all the
commands )

Slide 30:
You should add an output example

Slide 34:
You should add an output example for the command log

General comment:
- Before the log command you should describe the bazaar revision-id and
revision-number (especially the dot-number notation)
- You should add a "general" description of the different branch/repository
model (cvs vs svn vs bazaar_branch vs bazaar_lightweight_checkout) ( near the
slide 12 )
- Which license has this presentation ?

BR
Goffredo

--
gpg key@ keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (ghigo) <kreijack at inwind.it>
Key fingerprint = CE3C 7E01 6782 30A3 5B87  87C0 BB86 505C 6B2A CFF9