[RFC] 3 hour training course on Bazaar

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:56:33 BST 2007

On 9/28/07, Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:
> Later this year, I'm giving a 3 hour tutorial on Bazaar at OSDC 2007.
> I've put together a draft of the slides here:
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~ianc/talks/. I'd appreciate feedback,
> particularly in the next 36 hours.

Looks great. Here is a few subjective points, it's safe to ignore any of them :)

 - I wouldn't mention selftest in "Getting Started", people who are
new to bzr shouldn't worry about internal things, such as the test
suite.
 - In "Command Aliases" you use an example that is not in bzr core
(without mentioning the plugin where is it from), so people can't try
it in their bzr installations easily.
 - Ok, this is personal :) but could you please drop "KDE" from QBzr's
description? The plugin is developed almost exclusively for/on
Windows, and frankly Qt4 applications look much more native on GNOME
than on KDE. With the gtk-qt style, bzr-gtk probably looks much better
on KDE.
 - In "Personal Version Control" you use remove and mv, I think it
would be better to use either both full names or just the rm and mv
aliases.

Lukas