error while updating/upgrading exaile

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Sep 24 06:44:47 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 07:41 +0200, Vincent Ladeuil wrote:

>     robert> On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 10:00 +0530, shirish wrote:
>     >> Hi all,
>     >> I'm using bzr version 0.90 & this is the error which cropped up
>     >> while trying to update/upgrade exaile.
>
>     >> UnlockableTransport: Cannot lock: transport is read only:
>

>     >> Please lemme know what to do?
>
>     robert> This appears to be a regression in our update command (which is not at
>     robert> all the same as upgrade :)).
>
>     robert> Vincent, I think you touched this most recently? Any ideas?
>
> updating a branch bound to a remote branch accessed via
> read-only transport isn't possible AFAIK.

It certainly used to be, the remote branch is not altered by commit.

If you have
master = loc1
slave = loc2
working tree = loc3

(the pathologically split case), then:
loc1 should be readonly always
loc2 can be readonly IFF loc1 and loc2 have the same revision at the
start of the operation
loc3 needs to be read-write always.

Rob