Incompetent janitor?

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Sun Sep 23 19:37:35 BST 2007

On (23/09/07 12:56), Aaron Bentley wrote:
> When I was a kid, we always feared the day when the cleaning lady came,
> because after she was done, everything was moved around, and we couldn't
> find our stuff.
>
> I feel the same way about this Launchpad Janitor that's been marking
> bugs expired.  It's marking stuff expired after 60 days, but I don't
> think that's a valid reason.  A bug doesn't stop being a bug because no
> one fixes it.
>
> Can we get this incompetent janitor fired?

There was a bug report filed against launchpad shortly after said
janitor run complaining that it expired too many bugs, so I believe that
the closing of those bugs was accidental. Sorry, I can't find a reference
as I can't find the bug. I believe the intention is to expire only
"Incomplete" bugs.

I was starting to reopen the bugs, but when I saw this I thought that
the launchpad admins would fix it up globally.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256