why tag doesn't need commit ?

Joachim Nilsson joachim.nilsson at vmlinux.org
Thu Sep 20 15:02:49 BST 2007

Yes,

I too have found this increasingly annoying.  I might be damaged goods
though since I am a long time CVS and Subversion user...

An alternative to explicit checkin could be to have

bzr tag -m"Release X.Y.Z - See wiki for details." mytag

If -mMESSAGE is left out $EDITOR is started, as is for bzr ci.

Regards
 /Jocke