Official packages for dapper?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Sep 18 23:52:45 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 11:23 -0400, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> Martin Pool wrote:
> > Dapper is still supported by Bazaar and generally.  We do want to
> > provide Dapper packages of our releases.  My understanding is that
> > they're not available at present because the Python packaging
> > standards have changed since Dapper, and so some porting work has to
> > be done to work there.  Robert is going to work on this, but it's a
> > lower priority for him at the moment than finishing some format
> > performance work.
>
> Oh.  Well, if that's the case, would it be helpful if I did the work?
> I'm a member of Debian, so am familiar with the changes in Python policy
> that would have to be reverted.

It's on my TODO, and I'm also a DD, but yes - I would definately
appreciate collaboration.

Source packages are all in the pkg-bazaar-maint alioth bzr repository,
the packages on bazaar-vcs.org are those + derived-distro XSBC (bleh,
hate these abbreviations, probably got it wrong) headers, and sometimes
we get ahead of distros during betas. The source repositories on
bazaar-vcs.org have those patches naturally.

If you were to backport the bazaar-vcs.org versions of ...
bzr
bzrtools

that's the core

but also