changed index parents?

Robert Collins robertc at
Tue Sep 18 05:28:13 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 10:40 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Hi Aaron, I just saw a bunch of changed index parents in - I'm
> guessing that you had run your improved reconcile on your repository, so
> merging your reconfigure patch changed
> Could you confirm this, so I don't have to keep looking for a bug in
> packs :).

Further to this the new parents are *wrong*.

for NEWS,
robertc at
has two parents at the revision level:
parent: pqm at
parent: pqm at

now, NEWS was altered by my commit, so it got its own revid.
At the file graph level it can have either one parent (if the merging
revisions had collapsed) or two (if they hadn't).

My laptop where the commit was made has: ['robertc at'] has: ['robertc at', 'pqm at']

Now, pqm at changed NEWS, as did 'robertc at'

....nzx is in the ancestry of ...h0k

And doing heads() of the two correctly returns ...h0k.

So I'm not sure whats going on here, but as of *now* has incorrect, corrupt per-file graph data.

GPG key available at: <>.