changed index parents?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Sep 18 05:28:13 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 10:40 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Hi Aaron, I just saw a bunch of changed index parents in bzr.dev - I'm
> guessing that you had run your improved reconcile on your repository, so
> merging your reconfigure patch changed bzr.dev.
>
> Could you confirm this, so I don't have to keep looking for a bug in
> packs :).

Further to this the new parents are *wrong*.

details:
for NEWS,
robertc at robertcollins.net-20070720032020-xiftpb5gqeebo861
has two parents at the revision level:
parent: pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com-20070720015347-eaeqmggngaemmbde
parent: pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com-20070705224207-7pslqt12ofh4vnzx

now, NEWS was altered by my commit, so it got its own revid.
At the file graph level it can have either one parent (if the merging
revisions had collapsed) or two (if they hadn't).

My laptop where the commit was made has: ['robertc at robertcollins.net-20070720005841-xnu6um6vx0n41h0k']

bzr.dev has: ['robertc at robertcollins.net-20070720005841-xnu6um6vx0n41h0k', 'pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com-20070705224207-7pslqt12ofh4vnzx']

Now, pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com-20070705224207-7pslqt12ofh4vnzx changed NEWS, as did 'robertc at robertcollins.net-20070720005841-xnu6um6vx0n41h0k'

but...
....nzx is in the ancestry of ...h0k

And doing heads() of the two correctly returns ...h0k.

So I'm not sure whats going on here, but as of *now* bzr.dev has incorrect, corrupt per-file graph data.

-Rob