[RFC] Strange test suite behavior

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Fri Sep 14 07:19:59 BST 2007

>>>>> "vila" == Vincent Ladeuil <v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr> writes:

>>>>> "martin" == Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> writes:

<snip/>

    martin> I approve the patch -- you should have said [merge].

    vila> Well there was and still are some gray areas:

    vila> - if the scratch .bzr is polluted, I re-create it. That breaks
    vila>   test insulation from each other, is it kosher ? An earlier
    vila>   attempt to solve this leads to a nasty 'Too Many Open Files'
    vila>   (on Ubuntu this time, I'm accustomed to see this one on OSX and
    vila>   Solaris, but never on Linux). This was due to a closure
    vila>   registered with atexit instead of addCleanUp that kept one file
    vila>   reference out of gc for each test. So I ended up fixing the
    vila>   .bzr directory each time it was corrupted, but that leaved a
    vila>   bad taste in the mouth.

    vila> - the log file contains far too much information that seems
    vila>   totally unrelated to the test (see attached log). This smells
    vila>   like a nasty bug to me.

And I forgot:

- is detecting the scratch repository use by comparing the last
  revision, too much, too little, not the best way ?

  Vincent