presenting the fundamental abstractions

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Sep 12 21:07:05 BST 2007

On (12/09/07 14:24), Aaron Bentley wrote:
> James Westby wrote:
> > On (12/09/07 09:03), Andrew King wrote:
> > Another issue that comes up here is "master" branches, i.e. checkouts.
> > They don't change the nature of the object, and this may not be the
> > place to explain them, but they are definitely a branch related thing.
>
> I think you have the relationship of "master" and "bound" branches inverted.

Thanks for the clarification, my wording wasn't at all clear. I meant to
say

  Another issue that comes up here is "master" branches, i.e. when you
  are dealing with checkouts.

> > All of this is done on any master branch first.
>
> Actually, it's mostly done on the local branch first, because the local
> branch is presumed to be faster than the master branch.

However lasting changes are first made on the master branch, the work
done locally is just preparation and building the objects, correct?

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256