SCM discussions in the GNOME community

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Tue Sep 11 10:05:46 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 17:08 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> Can bzr really manage a repository of GNOME's size ?

GNOME is lots and lots (~190, I believe) of individual projects each
with their own history. Each one would be an individual Bazaar branch.

A better question might be "can Bazaar handle something with significant
history, say GTK+ at 18709 revisions?", and I'm sure the answer is yes,
being an order of magnitude smaller than Mozilla.

Would be interesting to see whether locking would a problem if a single
repository at ../.bzr were to be used. I'll have to ask the GNOME sys
admins about what sort of commit load (frequency) we get overall, if
they even know.

AfC
Sydney