[MERGE] Inventory delta support for CommitBuilder

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Aug 30 03:20:16 BST 2007

The background to this is that we want to change commit so that the main
iterator only tells us about things that have changed or may have
changed. The implication is that CommitBuilder needs to accept an
inventory delta (against the current basis inventory) rather than build
the new inventory from scratch each time by looping over every item.

Note that I published an RFC about this earlier and have tried to
incorporate Aaron's feedback on the overall approach in the code
attached. Also note that this code should be merged after the "Quicker
initial commit" patch in order for the return code from
update_entry_content (which isn't currently used) to be correct.

Ian C.