does not update working tree?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Aug 14 12:07:16 BST 2007

On 8/14/07, Hendy Irawan <gauldong at gmail.com> wrote:
> What does bazaar mean by:
>
> ceefour at ojalanow:/media/prestige/home/ceefour/project/layout_mania/src$
> bzr push svn+http://tools.assembla.com/svn/layout_mania
> This transport does not update the working tree of:
> svn+http://tools.assembla.com/svn/layout_mania

In Bazaar, branches are commonly colocated with working trees.  By
contrast in Subversion the branch is inside the repository, and always
in a different directory from the working tree.

For some Bazaar transports like ftp and sftp, if there is a remote
working tree then we can't update it.  (This is partly because of
limits in what we can do over the transport and partly that we just
don't support it.)

But for an svn branch there probably is no tree there, so this message
seems to be emitted when it should not be.

--
Martin