[merge][0.91] deprecate Branch.append_revision

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Aug 14 10:28:34 BST 2007

Branch.append_revision is obsoleted by set_last_revision_info, and
slower on the new branch format.  This patch deprecates it and updates
tests.

The old code raised NotLeftParentDescendent in some cases, but not on
all branches.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think this check is not
sensible; at any rate set_last_revision_info does not do it.

This also has an optimization suggested by Robert in passing to
Branch._synchronize_history.

--
Martin