[MERGE][0.90] Doc organised into directories

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Aug 13 05:57:55 BST 2007

Martin Pool has voted comment.
Status is now: Semi-approved
Comment:
This is a useful improvement.  I like the cleared-up text about the
wiki.

>> http://people.ubuntu.com/~ianc/doc/index.html

On the whole I think there's one level too many of indexing here; it
might be better with just one big overall index, with headings for user
and technical documentation.

I know Aaron was unhappy to have the pretty-docs function broken - it is
nice to have the documents more cleanly integrated with the rest of the
site.  It's true that we don't currently use this because kid is not
installed on that machine, but it would be kind of a shame to break it.

(I've filed a request for Kid on that machine but it will take some
time.)

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C46BC2357.3060100%40internode.on.net%3E