[MERGE] Add __eq__ and __ne__ methods to Repository objects

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Aug 7 02:30:35 BST 2007

On 8/7/07, Andrew Bennetts <andrew at canonical.com> wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 01:32 -0400, Martin Pool wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > So I'd like to get this patch backed out, and ask that it be either
> > discussed further, or not done using __eq__. Given we freeze tomorrow,
> > backing out *now* seems like a precaution to me.
>
> Fair enough.  What's the best way to do that?

Commit a patch that removes the changes.  If you can precisely back
out what you put in, you can consider that pre-approved and do it
without review.  If you have any concerns about it, post it for
review.

I think in this case explicit is better: I would rather have a method called eg

  repo.isSameLocation(other)

that gives some indication of what's being compared, and that makes it
clear this is not just an ==.  That's not a great name for it though.

--
Martin