bzr --version should also report plugin versions (bzrlib ...)

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Sun Aug 5 22:35:21 BST 2007

On 8/4/07, Jari Aalto <jari.aalto at cante.net> wrote:

> I would have a small wish to next bzr version:
>
>     $ bzr --version
>
>     Bazaar (bzr) 0.18.0
>       from bzr checkout /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib
>         revision: 2
>         revid: jari.aalto AT cante.net-20070401090549-bigooycypl8hej66
>         branch nick: bzrlib
>     Using Python interpreter: /usr/bin/python
>     Using Python standard library: /usr/lib/python2.5
>     Using bzrlib: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib
>     Using Bazaar configuration: /cygdrive/x/home/jaalto/.bazaar
>     Using Bazaar log file: /cygdrive/x/home/jaalto/.bzr.log
>
> It would be nice if the plugin version numbers were also reported:
>
>     Using bzrlib: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib 0.18.0
>
> It's a little difficult to grep under
>
>     /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib
>
> and decode where the version infomation might be.

Do you mean the plugin versions, or the bzrlib version?  I agree it
would be good for 'bzr plugins' to show the first, if it can find one.
 For the second, the version must be the same as bzr, otherwise you
get a warning when bzr starts.  In fact the number shown at the top is
the bzrlib version, since the bzr script changes so rarely.

--
Martin