[ANNOUNCE] bzr-svn 0.4.0
jelmer at samba.org
Sat Aug 4 19:28:03 BST 2007
I'm happy to announce that the next major version of bzr-svn, 0.4.0, has
just been released. This is a major release that fixes a large number of
bugs in the previous versions and, most importantly, adds support for
true push and the ability to use non-standard branch locations.
Please note that this version of bzr-svn creates revisions with
different revision ids than previous versions. In other words, existing
bzr-svn branches created with 0.3.x can not be used directly with 0.4.0
but will have to be upgraded to work with 0.4.0 using the "bzr
The changes since 0.3.5 are:
* Non-ascii characters in file ids are now supported (fixes imports
of the Python repository).
* Fixed error raised during version incompatibility.
(Wouter van Heyst, #80467)
* Implemented Repository.get_revision_graph(None)
* svn-import will no longer spin using CPU if the target directory
did not exist (#80223).
* Remove branches when they are being replaced. Fixes
DivergedBranches error when using svn-import (#81908).
* Consistently treat property changes as actual changes (#122115)
* Be a bit less verbose when trying to connect (#124858)
* Fix locking issues (#125212)
* Warn when used with experimental version of mappings. (#117198)
* Only warn about out of date mappings, bzr-svn version or
experimental mappings when the plugin is being used. (#93319)
* Clearer warning when branch specified to svn-import. (#121391)
* Support pushing multiple revisions in a row. (#115494)
* Fix compatibility with Subversion 1.5. (#73918)
* Fix import of svk:merge properties (need to be sorted
* Support possible_transports argument to BzrDir.sprout(). (#128500)
* Fix incorrect delete when a child of a renamed directory is
* Support pushing adding empty files. (#113667)
* Use shared repositories by default in svn-import command.
* Avoid muttering when possible.
* Add blackbox test for svn-import with dumpfile. (#123493)
* do_update() is now used to find the contents of a directory
recursively. This should reduce the number of roundtrips
significantly when finding file id mappings.
* Support read locking for Branch.
* add -v option to svn-upgrade
* store and allow setting the branching scheme in subversion.conf
* allow setting the branching scheme from a file property
on the repository root
* Support true push (#80612).
* Support commits in heavy checkouts (#79330).
* Support using custom branching schemes.
* Support pushing new branches.
* Add --prefix option to svn-import. (#125993)
* Add 'bzr help svn-branching-schemes'
* Branching schemes can now be autodetected using some simple
* Added command `svn-branching-scheme` for setting branching schemes.
* Implement SvnRaTransport.local_abspath(). (#117090)
* Implement SvnRemoteAccess.create_branch().
* Implement SvnWorkingTree.smart_add() (#79336)
The tarball is available from:
The tarball (not the .tar.gz) has been signed with my GPG key
(1EEF5276). The signature can be downloaded from
http://samba.org/~jelmer/bzr/bzr-svn-0.4.0.tar.asc. To verify the
$ gpg --verify bzr-svn-0.4.0.tar.asc
Bug reports are as always welcome on Launchpad at
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 307 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/attachments/20070804/04f8ab3e/attachment-0001.pgp
More information about the bazaar