symbolic links

Philippe Roud philippe.roud at rero.ch
Fri Aug 3 11:38:15 BST 2007

Hi,

I don't use bazaar now as my company has a svn server but I like the way
bazaar works in general.
I may use it for new projects but this depends on the way it treat
symbolic links (under osx / linux).

The situation is the following:
We have a software that use one global instance and several "local"
instances.
the config files of the local instance are mainly symlinked to the
global instance but if you want a local special config you create
a local copy of the config file.

How does bazaar react if a particular file was a symlink, the user edit
the file with vi and broke the link (i.e. create a local copy)?
Do we need to do sth special (remove the link from bazaar and re-add the
local file) or a simple commit will do the trick?

Best regards

PHiLippe