Martin & Robert at OSCON - Next Gen VCS presentation

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 1 09:28:21 BST 2007

Robert Collins wrote:

> It looks good with one minor caveat - we do have cheap branching :(.

I'm pretty sure he means it in the context of 'git branch': being able
to have one working tree, list the known "branches", and change what the
working tree is pointing to.

BzrTools has a switch command that is the closest we have to that,
right? There's not a lot of doc on switch in that the help just says
"Set the branch of a lightweight checkout and update." We certainly
treat this functionality a lot less importantly than Git does, where
many of the tutorials focus on it as the primary way of using Git (and
'clone' being secondary).