Bzrweb 0.1.2 Released

Joachim Nilsson joachim.nilsson at vmlinux.org
Tue Jul 31 23:09:39 BST 2007

Being a lazy guy you sometimes have to pay a prize.  Earlier this summer
I decided to commit myself to using Bazaar more.  At work Subversion has
really started ticking me off, so the first goal was to move my private
projects from svn to bzr.  However, due to my lack of diligence I have
for some time now put off upgrading a server to the latest shiny version
of Debian.  This made it hard to install the latest shiny web gui for
Bazaar.  Instead I decided to try and fix what I already had installed
-- bzrweb.  It took me some time, but after forward porting it to the
level of bzr 0.15 (what I had on my Ubuntu laptop) I also applied some
varnish and fixed a few minor bugs ... full story at my "blog",

To cut a long story short: I scratched an itch.

The release is available as a tarball, or as a Bazaar branch.  See the
release notes, the ChangeLog, or the bzr logs for the full details.

Release:
 - ftp://vmlinux.org/pub/bzrweb/
 - ftp://vmlinux.org/pub/bzrweb/bzrweb-0.1.2.tar.gz
 - ftp://vmlinux.org/pub/bzrweb/bzrweb-0.1.2.tar.gz.md5sum
 - ftp://vmlinux.org/pub/bzrweb/ReleaseNotes-0.1.2.txt
 - ftp://vmlinux.org/pub/bzrweb/ReleaseNotes-0.1.2.pdf

Branch:
 - http://vmlinux.org/jocke/bzr/bzrweb/

Test drive:
 - http://vmlinux.org/jocke/bzr/

Testing seems to indicate that it works on Gecko-based browsers, e.g.
Firefox 2.0, but also on Opera 9.22.  Internet Explorer is a mess, as
usual, and Safari and other browsers have not been tested at all.

If anyone out there still is interested in this old geezer and cares
enough to report bugs or feature requests.  Please send them directly to
me, my address is in the file AUTHORS.

Regards
 /Jocke