[MERGE][Bug #115990] status should handle the -q (quiet) option like svn

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Jul 31 15:52:31 BST 2007

Daniel Watkins wrote:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Comment:
>> IIRC, instead of self.run_bzr("init") our recommended way is to use
>> something like
>>
>> wt = self.make_branch_and_tree('.')
> Ah, yeah.  I just copy/pasted one of the tests nearby and then tweaked
> the assertions.
>
> Attached is the updated bundle.

Having thought about it for a bit, this doesn't seem like what '--quiet' should
do to me.

I'm willing to accept it, because it comes from svn, but '--quiet' seems like
it really should emit 0 output, and just have a return value of 0 if nothing
has changed, or 1 if something has.

Anyway, the code itself looks okay.

I'm wondering if we could do:

def run(self, ... short=None, versioned=None):

  if short is None:
    short = not is_quiet()
  if versioned is None:
    versioned = not is_quiet()

Which would allow:

 bzr status --quiet --long

to work.

We would probably want tests that you can override the --quiet options.

I wonder if we could address Aaron's 'no help for --quiet' with a bogus
Option('quiet'). It would never actually get activated (because --quiet would
be consumed early), but it would at least show up in "bzr help status".

We would want to make sure it was clearly documented that it only exists to
provide the option help.

So I think primarily, we need to decide what we want to do about bug 115990,
and then have Daniel follow that.