reducing the version_info shown by test runs

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:33:25 BST 2007

On 7/17/07, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 10:36 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> >
> >   testing /home/mbp/bzr/trunk/bzr 0.19dev python-2.5.1 unix
> >   bzrlib /home/.....
>
> That would be a big improvement.
>
> -Rob

another option is to normally only show the reduced version info like robert
suggested,
but print a WARNING if there the current working directory
contains a bzr executable, which is not equal to the one being tested.

(this might cause some false warnings if you used symlinks and
they are effectively the same, but I don't think thats too bad)

This sort of thing (testing the wrong bzr) have bitten me so many times that

I now remember most of the time to double check this if something looks
fishy.
I think this is a regular pitfall for new bzr developers and well worth
addressing.

regards
marius