Doc review & quick ref card - anyone with some DTP skills?

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 25 02:33:28 BST 2007

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Ian Clatworthy wrote:
>> * It feels a bit weird that both "remove" examples require options.
>
> I wholeheartedly agree, which is why I argued against the new behavior
> of 'remove'.
>
>>   What about this ...
>
>>     Remove files: bzr remove foo.py
>>     Unversion but keep files: bzr remove --keep foo.py
>
> bzr remove foo is IMHO annoying.  It fails a significant use case: when
> a user has accidentally versioned a file and wants to undo that.  I
> think you either want "remove --force" or "remove --keep".
>
> And since the normal rm does just fine for "remove --force"...

I never did digest the nuances of that debate at the time but the
context of a quick reference card certainly highlights it again. If a
quick reference card shows two use cases both with options and leaves
out the "no option" usage, that's got to be a usability warning IMO.

As you say, the normal rm/del/insert-file-explorer-here works fine so
perhaps the "Stop tracking and remove" case shouldn't be on the
QuickRef, any more than move/rename should be.

Ian C.