overwriting conflicting tags on push

Adam Mercer ramercer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 19:44:34 BST 2007

Hi

I had to change which revision a tag in one of my branches pointed to,
the next time I pushed the branch I got the following message:

$ bzr push
Using saved location: sftp://path/to/remote/branch/
Pushed up to revision 2871.
Conflicting tags:
    f2f_200707_talk
$

using the --overwrite option to bzr push also resulted in the
"Conflicting tags" message to be printed. Is there anyway to remove
the original tag in the remote branch without removing the tag from
the remote branch by connecting to the remote location and remove the
tag with

$ bzr tag --remove f2f_200707_talk

or by removing the remote branch and re-pushing?

Cheers

Adam