Latency leading to very very long pull times

Andrew King eurokang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 18:46:50 BST 2007

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the great work with bzr.
Now to the wishlist :)

I know there is a lot of work being done on performance, and I have
searched the lists in particular for "latency" and seen that it can
cause bad performance.

Unfortunately, I am now in the situation where a pull across a remote
link (350ms latency WAN) can take 20-30 minutes. (A fresh branch takes
hours).
So, some questions:
1. Is this fixable, or is it a characteristic of the bzr model or data
structures?
2. If it is fixable, is there any kind of time line?
3. Is this to do with the total size of the repository, or the number
of revisions that have changed, or both?

5780 revisions
103388 KiB in repo.
Yeah, I know, we probably jumped on the bus too early :)

Cheers,
Andrew