kndx-less repositories

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jul 19 08:55:33 BST 2007

My experimental branch formats are ticking over quite nicely.

location: http://people.ubuntu.com/~robertc/baz2.0/repository or
https://code.launchpad.net/~lifeless/bzr/repository

Currently there is no revisions.kndx or signatures.kndx. The next change
I plan is to fix a bug wherein no-change operations that take out a
write group cause a new index to be built with nothing in it.

Then I have some refactoring of new code to reduce massive duplication.

And then I'll get rid of inventory.kndx and finally the file text
kndx's.

Finally I'll start working on performance.

Right now the todo list is roughly the above plus:
 - Faster Indices
 - Composite key indices (needed for the above, separate item to do)
 - profile profile profile
 - a pack implementation for this repository format (can be written now)
 - go through and really overhaul the existing api to make it fit this
better... reducing layering overhead.

probably more but thats all that comes to mind.

If anyone wants to hop on in and collaborate on this, I would be
thrilled.

The best things to collaborate on would be anything I haven't mentioned,
or anything before the 'todo list' section during .au sleep time :).. or
anything in the todo list, which can be done now but is more a 'depth'
thing than a 'breadth' thing, and I'm trying to cover 'breadth' first.

-Rob