[MERGE] Unit tests for win32 glob expansion

Kuno Meyer kuno.meyer at gmx.ch
Wed Jul 18 22:42:25 BST 2007

Hi all

Thank you for your feedback. I think this is going the right way: After
initially just a reengineering the implementation, the glob_expand test
triggered a discussion of what the correct behaviour should be.

Let me give feedback (just the major points):

- introduced the Win32Feature class. Did restrain to introduce a
InternalGlobExpansionFeature.

- normalization to '/' as path separation char

- no trimming of trailing '/'s, neither does this the Unix shell glob
expansion (try "echo */")

- no special treatment of '//' since this is invalid user input.

Cheers
Kuno