[MERGE] Deprecate old fns that use InventoryEntry methods that ought to go

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 18 08:30:52 BST 2007

This is a trivial patch to deprecate some code. Aaron has previously
indicated that this code is obsolete:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2007q2/027132.html.

I want to remove these methods because they rely on InventoryEntry APIs
(_read_tree_state and _forget_tree_state) that I want to change. I'd
really like to completely ditch the deprecated code  - Google can't find
any client code using them - but the patch does the conservative/correct
thing and only deprecates.

BTW, I haven't updated NEWS for this. Is that expected for API
deprecation or just breaks?

Ian C.
(who really did mean to get this deprecation into 0.18 but screwed up)