[MERGE] Support fetching a restricted set of revisions

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Jul 17 02:05:14 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 20:50 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> > Cool. Thanks for the reminder.
> >
> > The lower level code was talking about a limit in terms of size instead
> > of an origin revision though.
> The way I read it, it was talking about fetching particular revisions,
> instead of fetching all ancestors of the specified revisions.
The limit_to_revisions parameter that was added to fetch() in the merge
request I submitted is indeed for an arbitrary set of revisions.

What the -rX..Y code (which I haven't submitted yet) does is create a
bread-first search over all the ancestors of Y until it hits X
(bzrlib.graph was very useful in that regard). In other words, it will
fetch all ancestors of Y that have a distance equal to or less than that
of X to Y.

At the moment, no policy is stored and so a pull on a partial branch
will fill in all the ghosts not fetched by the partial clone. Storing
(and obeying) policy is a different issue and would require a new branch
format. That's the next thing :-)

Cheers,

Jelmer