"Test writable" feature in push

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Jul 15 18:50:38 BST 2007

Hi Szilveszter,

The push dialog currently contains a button "Test" that, when pressed,
will indicate whether the URL entered by the user is likely to be
writable (and thus, whether the push can succeed). This is determined by
looking at the protocol in the URL and considering sftp, ftp and file
writable (using a regex). This is not very usable as the guess isn't
reliable and the indication also requires the user to press "Test"
first.

I think we should simply let the user do the push and display any access
errors. Would you be ok with removing the writability indication?

Cheers,

Jelmer