[MERGE] Bug #107967: fix bzr mv --after on a directory

Daniel Parks dp+bzr at oxidized.org
Sat Jul 14 11:29:05 BST 2007

Hey,

I've written a fix for bug #107967* along with some tests and a NEWS
entry.

In the mv command, we either rename one file/directory/whatever to
another path, or move a collection of things into a directory. In the
past we could determine which to perform based on whether or not the
target was an existing directory (or a symlink to a directory).

This adds a special case to that decision:
  if there are two paths specified
  AND the target is a directory or a symlink to a directory (on the
file system)
  AND the source doesn't exist on the file system
  AND the source is versioned
  AND the target is not versioned
  AND the target is the same kind of thing as the source (directory
or symlink)
  THEN rename the target to the source

Let me know if you think there's a better way to accomplish this. :)

Daniel

* https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/107967