[MERGE] new command pack

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jul 12 10:41:53 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 05:37 -0400, Martin Pool wrote:

> Incidentally, maybe we should separate out a method for "open
> repository, or repository of a branch"?

That might be useful, perhaps on bzrdir ?

> It might be nice to show the name of the repository being packed.

I'm thinking a progress indicator is needed, with whatever detail the
writer wants to use. We probably need some sort of recovery mechanism
built in within each implementation and so on too.

> Maybe the default implementation should say that it's not going to do
> any packing?

I think that that is just noise - it means something to us, but for a
user success/failure matters more.