[MERGE] Make annotate behave in a non-ASCII world (v2)

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Jul 7 17:01:03 BST 2007

John Arbash Meinel has voted +1 (conditional).
Status is now: Semi-approved
Comment:
Your tests have a slight flaw you are writing to 'to_file' but you are
comparing against 'sio.getvalue()'. Since it isn't changing, obviously
it matches what it matched the last time.

+        # test now with to_file.encoding = None
+        to_file = tests.StringIOWrapper()
+        to_file.encoding = None
+        annotate.annotate_file(tree1.branch, 'rev-2', 'b-id',
to_file=to_file)
+        self.assertContainsRe('2   p.rez   | bye\n', sio.getvalue())
+
+        # and when it does not exist
+        to_file = StringIO()
+        annotate.annotate_file(tree1.branch, 'rev-2', 'b-id',
to_file=to_file)
+        self.assertContainsRe('2   p.rez   | bye\n', sio.getvalue())

I haven't heard anything from Ian, but otherwise I'm happy with the
patch, and think it is worth 0.18 if someone else agrees.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C20070706203013.GA20307%40chistera.yi.org%3E