Please focus on reviews and merging today

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Jul 3 01:34:02 BST 2007

All,

It's around 10:30am here on July 3 which means FeatureFreeze is
happening real soon now, preferably before I go to sleep in 12-15 hrs.
Can I ask *everyone* to focus on reviews and getting approved code
merged today?

IMHO, we really need to put some energy into getting our change request
queue under control and there's no better time than right now to do
that. BundleBuggy helps a lot but regardless of tools, *long queues are
bad*. See "Rules of the Game" in http://www.poppendieck.com/pipeline.htm
if you think otherwise. I'm happy to show some flexibility w.r.t.
FeatureFreeze this release but I'll get increasingly stricter over the
next few days about allowing things in.

There is a lot of good work sitting in our queue right now. Without
compromising quality, let's turn that good work into end user value and
make 0.18 our best release ever.

Ian C.