[RFC] revert commit progress output?

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Jun 28 17:05:03 BST 2007

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Aaron Bentley wrote:
>> I don't find the commit progress output changes to be an improvement.  I
>> could eyeball the old progress output.  I have to read this version.

> you could eyeball the old one, but it was wrong. Since it rather rapidly
> jumped to 540/544 and then took forever to do the last few.
>
> I would be happier adding progress bars to our current one. Perhaps
> %done for a given phase, or possibly %done out of phases.

Thanks for the feedback. I need to adjust it further anyway (e.g. show
directory count instead of entry count) so I'll make it eyeballable
again while I'm at it.

The real issue is that commit is too slow. For local commits on small to
medium code bases, I don't want it to appear it at all. Not there yet ...

Ian C.