Update on commit refactoring work

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jun 28 03:37:22 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 11:37 +1000, Ian Clatworthy wrote:

> I made a lot of progress on this yesterday though nothing that I'm
> ready
> to commit to production code just yet. commit.py, repository.py and
> inventory.py really is quite a tangled web ...

Right. I think the thing to do for the moment is to focus on moving
responsibility for repository-specific and tree specific calculations
out of the inventory code and onto the repository and tree objects; and
subsequently calling them directly from commit.py; this is in
preparation for changing the form of iteration.

-Rob