[merge] knit index robustness/corruption?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jun 27 07:21:36 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:44 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:

> > The patch is wrong : its stripping the parent from the record being
> > processed, rather than skipping the record being processed. This
> will
> > lead to incorrect parents on that record, rather than that record
> being
> > absent.

+1 to the updated version. Might be worth a note in it to say
"The parent could not be decoded to get its parent row. This at a
minimum will cause this row to have wrong parents, or even to apply a
delta to the wrong base and decode incorrectly. its therefore not
usable, and because we have encountered a situation where a new knit
index had this corrupt we can't asssume that no other rows referring to
the index of this record actually mean the subsequent uncorrupt one, so
we error.

-Rob