ensuring commit has enough tests...

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Jun 26 07:07:45 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 07:32 +0200, Vincent Ladeuil wrote:

>     robert> Ian expressed to me the thought that with the
>     robert> overhaul needed of commit, it would be good to expand
>     robert> test coverage there.
>
> You don't mention commit on bound branches. I don't think all the
> variations should be tested for local commits and bound commits
> though.

We don't alter data (in commit specific ways) during working with a
bound branch. We already have tests for the interactions with bound
branches, and I think our layering is fine - and can be preserved to
remain fine - such that bound branches don't multiply out the space of
tests needed : This is the most important thing about layering in code
bases - it allows one to consider additive variations rather than
multiplicative variations.

-Rob