Sending commit emails from a central location

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Fri Jun 22 03:48:07 BST 2007

* Robert Collins [Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:17:46 +1000]:

> Firstly, you can reuse bzr-email/emailer.py:
> ====
> from bzrlib.plugins.email import emailer
> ====

> No need to copy code at all.

Well, I thought about that, and while I didn't actually tried to do it,
the impression I got while considering the possiblity is that I would've
had to do a fair amount of playing with the class to get the result I
wanted.

Plus I didn't want to have the need to install bzr-email separately.

> Secondly, if you configure branch.conf to send email, the email plugin
> should send it correctly even if you are committing over sftp to a
> central branch.

Do you mean that if the remote branch has post_commit_address in its
branch.conf, pushing to it sends an email iff bzr-email is installed?
Good to know, but still happy with the functionality provided by
bzr-hookless-email. ;-)

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.