[MERGE] Make ftp:// a little more resilient for initial push

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Jun 21 01:45:45 BST 2007

On 6/5/07, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> The former biases "put_file()" to assume it is failing because the parent dir
> doesn't exist, and the latter adds a specific string that we have seen.

The second certainly makes sense.  The first one I'm not so sure,
perhaps it will just cause further confusion if something else is
happening?

I would think we only really expect put_file to fail because the
parent doesn't exist in certain particular situations (like making a
new branch?) and maybe it should be explicitly handled there.

But if you think it's an improvement I don't object.

--
Martin