[MERGE] An SMTPConnection class for bzrlib

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Wed Jun 20 01:17:00 BST 2007

* Aaron Bentley [Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:39:00 -0400]:

> The error handling isn't right; it shouldn't be raising BzrCommandErrors,
> because it's not UI code.

Ah, I didn't know that.

> I think it would make sense to just let the smtplib errors pass
> through.

I agree with John here, and don't think it's nice for the user to get a
traceback if some step in the SMTP dialog fails. A single-line error
would be nicer, IMHO. I'll go ahead and create an SMTPError class if you
don't object, okay?

> Also, our style is to import modules rather than functions:
> e.g. from email import Utils

I'll change that as well.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Guy on cell: Yeah, I mean she's not easy to talk to, because, you know,
she'll be like, "What did you do this weekend?" and I'll say, "Nothing",
but really I was fucking some other girl.
                -- http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/003179.html