'bzr rm' leaves directories behind?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Jun 19 02:20:18 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 07:01 +0200, Marius Kruger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The is a bug out: [bzr rm should remove clean subtrees], which is
> similar if not the same as your problem:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/111665
>
> I have done some work on fixing this,
> but am awaiting feedback on a patch which fixes a related and IMO more
> serious bug, before continuing.
> (http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C418c22640705062115x34c0f1fcl91c82a9d2d0659fb@mail.gmail.com%3E)
> I submitted a patch for this on 02 May 2007, but nobody has bothered
> to review this.

Hi, I hadn't reviewed your previous patches. I've had a quick look at
this and have a few comments...

self.run_bzr("commit", "-m", "empty")
is preferred over
self.run_bzr("commit -m empty")

In fact run_bzr("string with spaces") should not work at all.

+    def _assertRemoveErrorContainsRe(self, e, file_detail_re):

According to the comment this is a workaround for AssertContainsRe not
supporting DOT_ALL. Is there some reason you didn't just fix/enhance
AssertContainsRe?

Other than that it looks ok to me.
+1 conditional on the above things being corrected/discussed.
-Rob