feature requests for loggerhead

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Jun 18 17:49:09 BST 2007

Michael Hudson wrote:
> I suppose I could have guessed from the fact that you're comparing it
> with ViewVC that you'd mostly be looking at the file view...
>
> Johan Dahlin wrote:
>> Michael Hudson wrote:
>> [..]
>>> Er... it doesn't?
>> Actually the /files page does for the folder table.
>
> Ah.  I guess I'm used to fixed fonts for filenames.

I arguably prefer it, too. So maybe it is worthwhile to have it as an
option.

>>> That's not very helpful I'm afraid :-p
>> But it's pretty!
>>
>> At least icons to separate directories from files would improve the UI
>> significantly, it's easier to see what's a directory by looking at the icon
>> instead of searching for a / in the end of the filename.
>
> That's much more helpful, thanks.

>>> Browse to revision XXX, click "compare with another revision", browse to
>>> another revision, click on the "compare with revision XXX" link.
>>>
>>> I don't know if there is a good UI for this.
>> Nod, it's not obvious to find.
>
> I meant, "I'm not sure a good UI is possible for this" here.
>
> Cheers,
> mwh

You could have it be a drop-down/small box listing revnos and small
commit messages. With an "find more" box to let you get the full list.
That would probably make the simple case of "compare against 10
revisions ago" easy, and still let you "compare against the third
revision of the merged branch 2 merges back".