feature requests for loggerhead

Michael Hudson michael.hudson at canonical.com
Mon Jun 18 17:05:25 BST 2007

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Michael Hudson wrote:
>
>> Fixing
>> performance and reliability issues are the main things I know about, but
>> I'd like to here from people who use or would like to use
>> loggerhead/codebrowse and wish it did things differently.
>
> It would be nice if it showed the exact changes, rather than
> highlighting the entire line.  This can be done by comparing
> non-matching blocks.

That would be nice, yes.  difflib has code for this, I think, does
bzrlib have it somewhere too already?

> It would also be nice if all code views had
> annotation information, since it is so cheap to retrieve.

You mean in the diff views too?  I'd have thought the concern there
would be space to put it in, rather than cost of fetching it.

> It would be nice to provide "bzr viz"-style output.  I understand the
> mercurial guys ported bzr viz to their web interface.

Using dot or similar?  That occurred to me to.

Browsing around the one mecurial repo I know the URL of didn't turn up
anything like what you describe though, can you provide a link?

> In fact, the loggerhead output doesn't provide an easy way to see what
> revisions were merged, and I think it would be great if it did.

It's in the stuff that drops down when you click the arrow between the
revno and the commit message, or are you talking about something else?

> It would be cute to include hackergochi in the log output, including all
> relevant committers in merge revisions.  PQM could be a robot, e.g.
> Robby the robot.

Too cute for now, I think :-)

> Scanning the text of changes for TODOS, FIXMEs and NEWS entries could
> also provide interesting results.

Yes, but for now that seems a bit DWIMish for me.

Cheers,
mwh