Put Bazaar behind a password

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Jun 15 13:34:41 BST 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 02:09:01PM -0700 I heard the voice of
John Whitley, and lo! it spake thus:

> From the ssh man pages, the user's shell isn't even executed when a
> command is specified, which is why the other environment-setting
> mechanisms I mentioned previously are useful/necessary.

% ssh localhost '/bin/echo $TCSHRC_VERSION'
Password:
2.0

That's set in my .tcshrc, so it sure does seem to be being run.  Even
if I just "ssh localhost /usr/bin/env, I see env variables set in the
rc file, so it's not just "spawn a shell if there are metachars or
multiple words".

OpenSSH_4.5p1 FreeBSD-20061110, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net