Reminder about doc/developers & analysis of Use Cases

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed May 23 23:27:44 BST 2007

I'd just like to remind everyone about the doc/developers directory
Robert created a few weeks back. As well as being a home for HACKING,
that directory contains Robert's explanation of the performance roadmap
process and the analysis work he did on incremental-push-pull.

A heap of other Use Cases were analysed in London. If you attended the
London sprint and have a copy of that information written down for one
or more Use Cases, please take a moment to add those documents into the
doc/developers directory. The more documents in there, the larger the
surface area available for those who wish to help us make Bazaar quicker.

Performance aside, I found the sessions in London really useful for
gaining a deeper understanding of how various operations are implemented
or could be implemented. I suspect other new members of the Bazaar
community will find the design information equally useful. In other
words, I think there is value in making the design information available
for an operation even if you think it  is fast enough already.

Thanks,
Ian C.